|Rate this recipe ⇢||
|Posted on||30, Dec 2011|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Post Views||4 K views|
|Post Rating||3.82 out of 5 , from 11 reviews|
- 4 K
Click here to view the recipe in Malayalam.
Sorry .... Video of this recipe is not available now!
Cheru Payar Parippu / Moong Dal Curry
|Posted on||:-||30, Dec 2011|
|Cooking time||:-||30 mins|
- Green gram split / Moong dal - 100 Gms
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Green chilli - 1 Nos
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Shallows - 2 Nos
- Water - 1 ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Shallots - 2 Nos, chopped
- Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coconut oil - 1 ½ Tablespoon
Preparation Method :
- Cook the green gram in a pressure cooker along with sufficient water and salt, till cooked well or 4-5 whistles.
- Reserve one tablespoon coconut and set aside. Grind together the remaining coconut, green chilli,cumin seeds, turmeric powder, garlic, two shallots in a mixer.
- Add this mix with the cooked dal and stir well keeping it in a low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- When it’s hot, remove from flame.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the chopped shallots, curry leaves and the reserved(1 tablespoon) grated coconut, fry till the grated coconut is golden brown.
- Pour this into the curry, mix well. Serve hot.
All rights Reserved. Copyright © 2011 - 2015 www.kothamally.com
Copyright © 2011 - 2015 Kothamally.com - Online Recipe Corner. © All Rights Reserved.